Sleep disorders are categorized as:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Central Sleep Apnea
- Mixed Sleep Apnea
- Hypersomnia (Daytime Sleepiness)
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorders
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder
Sleep disorders in general, and OSA in particular, is difficult to diagnose without a sleep test.
Most individuals do not know that OSA is found as a possible underlying cause in new onset atrial fibrillation or other cardiac arrythmias, hypertension, depression, and many other chronic conditions. Therefore, obtaining a diagnosis through testing and treating the OSA can dramatically improve the overall sleep, as well as other medical conditions for which patients are being treated.